So, I know that I've been shouting a lot about Mother's Day recently, which kind of comes with the territory of being a 'giftware' designer, but I like to think I am also a sensitive soul, with a little bit of tact surrounding some of the more personal holidays.
Today I'm bringing you this post, with some ideas for those of you who's mums aren't around in physical form to be lavished with love this year, or those of you who's mums are a little more 'Emily' than 'Lorelai'.
1. Hang out with your family and reminisce. Look at photos, cook a family recipe, listen to a favourite album.
2. Go visit your grandparents or a close aunty or uncle. Appreciate the other influential people in your life.
3. Let your dad know how important he is to you. Yeah, Fathers get their own day, but dads playing both roles need double the appreciation.
4. Celebrate a wonderful step-mum.
5. Hang out with a friend or loved one and don't celebrate at all. Nobody says you have to do anything today. Some parental relationships are complicated, and that's okay.
Whether you use any of these tips or not, I hope you have a wonderful Sunday this week. <3